Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I purchased the NPD-962 from Amazon and it arrived

Customer Question
yesterday. I purchased it to watch...
I purchased the NPD-962 from Amazon and it arrived yesterday.
I purchased it to watch video on my USB thumb card (videos that I download from You Tube and use in lectures- but it doesn't work. I am not even sure why you put that port into your system.
If it doesn't, then I will be returning it. Do you have something that does what I want it to do. a working usb port to show my videos.
Also it world help if your manual had bigger print!
Fred Cartier (###) ###-####***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/25/2015
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

NPD-962 can mean a lot of different devices, can you give me please the full make and model Mr Cartier?

Thank you

Made by Naxa Electronics, Model NPD-952 It is a9": Portable DVD player with USB/SD/MMC Inputs. I want to be able to see video on the USB port that are on my thumb flash card from videos off of You Tube?

ok... if I understand you correctly, you want to have youtube videos saved for later viewing correct?

ok, this is nothing to do with the unit, you need to first convert the Youtube videos to an offline viewing format

Use this free site to do this and convert them to AVI format (you select this in the list)

http://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter

Then save this AVI file onto your USB to play it

Let me know the results please

I have to leave for awhile, will try your suggestion when I return later. thank you.
Fred

No problem Fred,

I have marked this question to never close, so any issues, just let me know here

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richie
I am back,
I loaded the program, I think I want to convert my YouTube files to avi, not sure what it wants. I have the thumb drive in "R" drive on my computer. The program has asked me for my URL, not sure what it wants from me.
Fred

The URL is the address to the Youtube film you want to download Fred. So you enter this in so it can download the youtube film. This creates a file, which you put on the thumb drive then you can watch it on the NPD

Richard, Customer Service