Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

I purchsed a Garmin S2 a couple years ago and love it. Over

Customer Question

I purchsed a Garmin S2 a couple years ago and love it. Over the last year it has periodically frozen. The other times it has recovered. Last night it froze at 9:40 pm and has not recovered. I have attempted to shut it down but none of the buttons are working. What is the problem and can I fix it before I head to the golf course today>
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

We can try doing a reset and see if that helps.

Master resets clear user settings by restoring the device to factory default settings. Scorecards on the Approach S2 will not be deleted when performing a master reset.

To perform a master reset on the Approach S1/S2:

1. Power Approach off (Press and hold LIGHT/POWER button until device powers off) It may take a while if frozen
  2. Press and hold DOWN
  3. Press LIGHT/POWER
  4. Release DOWN and LIGHT/POWER when screen displays Clear user data?
  5. Select Yes

The Approach will now be reset to factory default settings.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

If you get stuck or this does not work please let me know.