Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I WANT TO CHANGE MY FAN SPEED ON MODEL GSC130601DB

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the make? And the Age ?

Also what fan is this for, please explain, I see only a Granger part # ***** that model #.

Thank You,

Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
GOODMAN CENTRAL A/C MODEL GSC130601DB
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for that.

Is the blower running the way it always was or did something happen?

There are options for this. I will go over with you.

If you are in the US, I can call you to explain and help you do this.

It is possible you will need a part for this depending on your controller and configuration of the motor, depending on if they added a resistor to slow it down etc.

I will send you an offer, if you are in the US please accept that offer and I will call you promptly. If that isn't an option, thats fine with me too, we can work it out this way but it will take a bit longer depending on how long it takes to get me the info I need to help you on this.

Thanks for your patience and understanding as this is a technical issue ;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

The one you have is actually a 3 speed motor

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

If all you want o do is slow it down I will explain what to do, its pretty simple if you are handy.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Most of the time when these are setup initially they will be wired as high speed.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

But you can check to see, and for sure lower the speed. It depends on whish wire they are using at the moment, it is a something where you will need to check at the relay or circuit board.

I can help you get this done.

Thanks

Tech Michael