Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I jhave a pioneer ELITE sound system X-SMC4-K that do not

Customer Question

I jhave a pioneer ELITE sound system X-SMC4-K that do not show the different functions for AIR-PLAY and in the past it worked fine but now it does not to the different functions like aux, iPod, air jam, air play. Sometimes today it works but tomorrow it does not. Once it is turned on stays there and there is no way to select the different functions. The system has been reset several times.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, How long have you owned the receiver for please?

Also, what type of reset did you perform- a soft reboot of unplugging power, or the processor reset in the manual?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had the unit for two years. Reset as indicated in the manual.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that's the only thing you can do on a user level- as it resets the entire processor in the unit. So, in most cases it indicates a hardware issue with the processor, however in some cases loose or intermittent HDMI cable connections can cause this. Have you tried unplugging the receiver from power, and removing and re-seating all HDMI cables from the back of the unit? Additionally, have you tried replacing any HDMI cables?