Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How can i restart a Yamaha Rx V475 after it shut down due to

Customer Question

How can i restart a Yamaha Rx V475 after it shut down due to protection activated?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Protection isn't something that is "reset" per se- it's a condition of a short seen at the speaker outputs of the unit- which is either internal or external in nature (meaning the connections themselves are seeing the short- either the wiring to the speaker outputs, or the transistors inside the receiver which drive the speaker outs). So, in order to determine which is causing it, you will need to disconnect the receiver from power, then remove ALL speaker wiring from the back of the unit. Plug it back into power with no speaker wires connected to the outputs, and then see if the receiver will stay on. If so, then one of the speakers/wires has a short that's putting the receiver into protect mode. However if the receiver still shows "protection" with NO speaker wires connected to the outputs, then the internal output transistors are shorted, and the receiver is in need of service. Average cost for this repair is in the $200 range and a shop can be located at the link below:

www.stereorepair.com

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already have this problem few mounth ago. i brought the receveir to a yamaha repair, and he took him not much time to removed the protection and he told me that it was nothing (receiver was under warranty). Moreover, the receiver don't shows "protection", but when i try to turn it on, the red led blink.I try again to turn it on, with no speaker connected, it always blinking.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Okay, that's different than the protection that you stated above. As far as what he did- I've never heard of someone removing the protection. I'll opt out and someone else should be along to assist.