Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I am having this exact same problem

Customer Question
I am having this exact same problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2015
Electronics Technician: Anthony, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony
Anthony, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Could you please explain what that problem is?or send me the link to what the problem is?

Anthony

http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/4nz0x-replaced-lamp-sony-kf-50we610-cant.html

Well as you can see if you can't get the set out of this mode by re-inserting the lamp and re-trying (close lamp door too) then those switches that cause this will need to eiether be replaced or shorted out... not a job for a novice or if you can't use a soldering iron

That is if its blinking red 3 times pause 3 times pause etc

Also, when I went to insert the lamp cover, the plastic tab on it broke. I can get the cover back on, but does that tab (on the right) have to hit any kind of sensor?
you don't think the new lamp I purchased is the problem? I just want to be sure that the new lamp is not defective.

Yes that knob hits the microswitch that tells the electronics the lamp door is closed and its safe to fire up, you will need to glue it back on exactly the way it was

That is your problem

No its NOT the lamp, the only thing that could have happened is you purchased a cheap copy lamp and that can cause other issues but not this one

You normally pay around $120 for a genuine OEM lamp

www.dlplampsource.com only sell genuine lamps

Please dont forget to rate the answer positively so I receive credit from the site thank you

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony

I did buy a cheap lamp off Amazon. Before the door piece broke, I was having the same problem. The lamp did feel like it was not "seated" properly. The replacement lamp looked exactly like the one in the tv. What other issues could this lamp cause?

No its NOT the lamp causing the 3 blinks! please put the knob back on the lamp door with glue make sure you get that right then try the set again with the ORIGINAL lamp in, if it works I would send the copy lamp back and get your money back I cant tell you the endless trouble we have with them but its NOT causing your issue

You ordered a lamp when you didnt need to

unlees you had another issue and compounded what you had with the breakage of lamp door

but you have to do lamp door first

I have replaced this lamp before, 3 times. Like before, the tv just went blank. That was the impetus for my ordering a new lamp, as I had done 3 times before. It feels like a short must have happened then, right?

No you broke the knob on the lamp door for the 3 blinks fix that then let me know what happens after, you cant move forwards till you stop the 3 blinks

You have created a fault by breaking the knob

That knob hits a switch

Okay. But it feels like I did need to replace the lamp, given the fact that the tv went blank. I now think I need to get a new lamp door. I will have to order one of those and try again. If that fails, then it's time to move into the 21st century and get a new tv.

There hopefully is a part-number on the lamp door, just google that if there is, that will get you out of 3 blinks and into whatever issue you had in the first place, if it is the lamp please fit a genuine one those ones are simply no good that you got

Anthony

Before you go please remember to rate the answer positively there will be a rating bar with this post please remember the question remains open should you need to come back so just bookmark this page

Anthony

Anthony
Anthony
Anthony, Technician