Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Red light keeps flashing on my soundlink mini even when

Customer Question
Hi. Red light keeps flashing...
Hi. Red light keeps flashing on my soundlink mini even when having been plugged in for charge.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/4/2015
Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician

Hi, I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.

Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.

How old is your Sound-link mini?

Also are you sure the outlet you are plugged into actually has power please check that by plugging something else in there first to be absolutely sure;-)

Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Tech Michael

My soundlink mini is not more than 16 mos. old. Yes, I am positive the outlet is active. It is the outlet I have been using all along.
I have been checking my email for a response. Please keep me in touch, Michael.

Hello, I'm sorry I am not on here all the time .

But I am here now;-)

I see your replies when I get in ;-)

The reason I asked how old it is , is because they had a hand full of unit that had defect in the charging circuit. Unfortunately that part is on the main PC board.

So the unit needs to go in for repair or replacement. Since they are aware of the issue they are covering most of these repairs at no cost to the customer provided you don't take it to another out of network shop but deal directly with the manufacturer.

The best way to have this done is by contacting Amazon as that is likely where you got yours is that correct?

Hopefully it is because they are fully aware of that and will cover all costs and simply replace the unit for you once you snd it in with a description of your problem;-)

If there is anything else I can do for you please ask me Im here be helpful.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime;-)

Thank you and have a wonderful Sunday!

Tech Michael