Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I tried to up-date my Garmin S1 Golf watch with new up-dates

Customer Question

I tried to up-date my Garmin S1 Golf watch with new up-dates which it did for 2 up-dates but it erased ALL my other golf courses. Now all have are 2 USA golf courses. All my Canadian and USA curses have been eliminated.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to hear about the updating gone wrong.

Is there no update for your courses? for instance, by having synced the device with a computer?

Think about whether the course files you formerly had on the device, were downloaded from copies on a computer, that you might still have.

I don't know how you performed the update, but, when dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express.

Go to

http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html

and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.) And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.
Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your devic