Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Yaesu FT-757GX s/n 40 070295 The transceiver front panel

Customer Question

Yaesu FT-757GX s/n 40 070295
The transceiver front panel main tuning was working until I disassembled the unit to replace the lithium memory battery, meter illumination ‘grain-of-wheat’ bulbs, and to clean the front panel controls on, 25 Aug. ‘15.
Now the main tuning control does not function. Frequency selection by using the microphone up and down function buttons with the microphone fast switch is OK.
All 8 of the memory channels work properly.
I firmly reseated wiring plugs into the proper PCB jacks. There are no pinched wires. I rechecked all.
A full reset by pressing and holding in the LINEAR & MARKER switches at rear of radio, then turning the power on via front panel switch, and then releasing the Marker & Linear switches to the out position, did not help.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, how was the cleaning done please? ...was spray/chemicals used something like DeoxIT DN5 or LPS 03116 Contact Cleaner or equivalent?

Still, proposed preliminary try (if have not been done) spray with compressed air the insides of the "...front panel main tuning..."

Additionally:

• • check for VDD +5V @ pin 1 of connector J01 of the DIAL UNIT;
  • • pulsating voltage on pins 2 & 3 when the "...front panel main tuning..." is turned;
  • • verify ground to chassis continuity of pin 4/GND.

A friendly reminder: Voltage measurements by its very nature requires that the unit be plugged in and therefore LIVE! Please exercise due care and caution.