Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a pair of behringer truth B1030A monitor speakers. I

Customer Question

Hi I have a pair of behringer truth B1030A monitor speakers. I have a problem with the left side. It turns on but after 5min or 10 it just cuts off.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, proposed preliminary checks (if have not been tried) to determine if the described symptom of "...5min or 10 it just cuts off..." would still hold true:
• swap the input cables;
• reduce left side INPUT TRIM;
• determine if during the "...5min or 10..." is the sound of the left side as good as the right's.
Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried but now its gone worse. Now its just turning on then off, on then off.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
It would appear then that the B1030A is kicking in auto-protect mode; an internal hardware issue or more particularly, possible suspects are:
• low or missing DC rail(s) (least likely);
• speaker coil / cold solder (likely);
• failed outputs (most likely).
All of the above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.
Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a fair idea sir. Just dont have a multi-meter with me right now.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Great on the DIY!
Please post back when the multi-meter is available.
...and when the internal circuitry has been exposed. Post back with clear closeup pictures. This is the only way for me to see what you are seeing; thus a common reference.
Of particular interest would be burn marks, discoloration, dull/cold/loose solder, connectors.
The pictures would also serve as a backup up when assembling back the B3010A.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you. Will post back as soon as I get a multi-meter.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Appreciate the update now and again later when able.
Cheers.