Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My rosen z10 makes a clicking sound when insert a dvd disc,

Customer Question
what's the reason?, how can...
My rosen z10 makes a clicking sound when insert a dvd disc, what's the reason?, how can fix it? Thanks fernando
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
8/18/2015
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, the described symptom almost always points to an internal hardware issue; either a loading problem or a stuck traverse mechanism.
Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? ...or more particularly, would you be comfortable pulling down the Rosen Z10 and opening it up to access the DVD deck/player mechanism?
i do, its for me more comfortable to pulling down to see what is the problem... How can you help me
As earlier posted, the 2 likely suspects would be mechanical/internal.
Please post back with clear closeup pictures of the DVD mechanism once accessed.
Can you please try viewing the video at the link below?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbWCvnDRADU
The reverse of course would be on pulling it down.
If of interest, the installation manual for the Z series may be viewed at the link below.
http://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/media/downloads/57/Z10_Install_Manual.pdf
I will try to work with this maybe tomorrow or at weekend. Any situation can i contact again?
please; post back an update tomorrow or when able.
Do a Ctrl + D to book mark this page or click on the link provided in the emails sent to you.
I would suggest to take pictures; lots of it. That way you would be pictorially documenting the work and would help when assembling it back.
Thnks, i will keep you in contact. Thaks for all. Buenas Noches
Cheers.
Louie, Technician