Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369

Dual key/electronic safe. I just bought this safe and was

Customer Question

dual key/electronic safe. I just bought this safe and was setting up the programing and put the handle in the locking position before programing the combonation. how do I reset to be ablie to program combination?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and welcome!
My apologies that you did not receive an earlier answer. Various experts are online at different times and I recently signed in and read your question. Your patience is greatly appreciated!
It would be helpful to know the maker and model number of your safe, but I will give you some information now, and then, if you need any additional information or clarification, just click 'reply' and I will be happy to continue.
First, I'm glad the safe is locked in the open position and not closed!
Usually, you need the original, factory set combination to reset a different combination that you may have chosen. You said you were 'setting up' the safe to program a combination, but what about the original combination it came with? Do you not have that or the user's manual? If this is the case, you will need to contact the manufacturer with a 'lost combination' request and depending on who made the safe, this information would vary.
An important note about the key, that might help you get it from the locked to unlocked position: After turning the key, REMOVE it from the lock and then enter the combination. The safe may be remaining locked because you have turned the key, but not removed it.
I hope these suggestions help, and if you need more information and can tell me the maker and model number of the safe, as I mentioned, that will be helpful and I will be glad to continue to help you.
Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.
Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to keep in touch with me or ask for any clarification or additional information.
Best regards,
Cher