Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My JBL Flip has stopped having sound. The Ipad says it is

Customer Question
my JBL Flip has stopped...
my JBL Flip has stopped having sound. The Ipad says it is connected, the blue light on Flip stays steady, but no little "bleep!" sound comes out to show connection made as it did 2 days ago. Just total silence. Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
8/12/2015
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Richard, Customer Service
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you on the iPad hold the power and home button for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.
Let the iPad restart and tell me if you still have the problem please.
still no sound--iPad says JFlip is connected & blue light steady on Flip
Thanks
On iPad go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network settings.
Once done, tell me if it still has the problem please.
been trying to have my desktop find the JBL, but it doesn't seem to see it. It is setting on counter by computer
ok, do my last instructions and let me know results please
I have powered off and restarted iPad. Have powered off Flip. When turn flip back on, settings in iPad changes to "connected" and blue light goes from blinking to steady. No sound. At all.
ps. Have pressed + on volume bar, so I do not just have it turned down
ok, you powered off, but the instructions were
Is it ok if you can please do this?
Excuse? Reset network to factory default? What will that do to all the customized settings I have on iPad?
PS you had Not told me to do that--you said "ok, do my last instructions and let me know results please" The only instructions you gave were , "As the first step, can you on the iPad hold the power and home button for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.Let the iPad restart and tell me if you still have the problem please."
No, not to Factory Default... thats not what I said.
After the initial instructions of the restart I have been asking you to
When I select Reset network settings the pop up says " This will delete all network settings, returning them to factory defaults." I do not want to do that--I have multiple network ID's and PW saved. The ipad is having no problem connecting to my wireless. The problem is with the JBL.
You know what--never mind.
Im going to opt out for another expert as if your not willing to do the instructions I wont be able to work with you on this sorry.
Richard, Customer Service