Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have several Kenwood TK-360G's with forgotten passwords.

Customer Question

I have several Kenwood TK-360G's with forgotten passwords. Is there a method for retrieval of the password ***** does Kenwood have a "default password"?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
There is no default password ***** fallback password ***** I can find out about... it seems that there is none.
If the radios belong to you, then either your seller or vendor or store set the passwords, and you should take the radios to them and have them reset or change them as requested.... or else you may have to send them to Kenwood factory repair for a reset of the password, which I hear Kenwood can do for you.
Let me know if sending to Kenwood factory service is appropriate, and I will instruct you appropriately.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The is an absolute waste of good money. This is no better than receiving no answer at all. I want a refund.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You could have simply said you have no idea how it's done and refunded my money because that what it really amounts to. If you don't know, you don't know and you you should be professional enough to say so. Instead, you gave me some old run around BS in order to keep my money. Like I said, I WANT A REFUND...NOW please!
I am sorry - I was unavoidably offline at the time of your two postings to this case.
I think I gave you the best answer available. There is no magic to these cases of missing passwords, sometimes.
As for a refund, since you have requested it, I feel you may be entitled to it. So I have passed your request to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. (I myself have no power over billing, payments, subscription terms, charges, etc.)
I have also Opted Out of this question, in case the question is not closed and in order to give you a chance at a different opinion or different advice from another Expert in this case, should one have any different opinion and should another Expert take up the case.
Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com.