Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369

I have a sentry safe with a key pad. I was trying to figure

Customer Question

I have a sentry safe with a key pad. I was trying to figure out a way to change the code but I can't find any manual as I have had my safe for about 10 years. The problem is there is a metal circular piece sticking out and I pushed it in. Now I can't open the safe with my code. Nothing I've tried works. Can you help, Sam.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Sam and welcome!
I'm so sorry you didn't receive an earlier answer. Different experts are online at various times, and I just recently signed on and read your question. Your patience is greatly appreciated!
Unfortunately, if the metal circular piece was sticking out of the lock and you pushed it in, the safe cannot be opened without the key and, of course, the combination. If you don't remember the combination or the one you're trying is not working, you can't change the combination without having the original, factory set one, so you're sort of in a catch 22-type situation.
This is what I would suggest: contact Sentry and request your combination and a duplicate key (they come in pairs) and you can also request a new manual. The manual will contain all instructions, etc., except, of course for the combination. Go to this webpage to start the process:
https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination
You can scroll down and click on the 'need a key?' which will bring you to this webpage:+
http://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Need_A_Key
You will also see Sentry's contact phone number and email on those pages, under 'Customer Care' on the bottom, right if you should want to get in touch with them.
I hope all will work out fine with your safe!
Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.
Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to keep in touch with me or ask for any clarification or additional information.
Warmest regards,
Cher