Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a dymo labelwriter 450 that just wont print, starts

Customer Question
to then get message to...
I have a dymo labelwriter 450 that just wont print, starts to then get message to say in error state
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/28/2015
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
First, I suggest you try a hard reset combined with a 'rest reset':
- unplug the Dymo label printer from the power, while it is On, sharply and suddenly.
- leave it that way, unplugged, for at least 1 hour, or longer.
- meanwhile, restart the computer that it prints from.
- plug the label printer in to the power again after that interval of time is up.
- turn it On if necessary, and see how printing of labels proceeds.
(I trust you are using the Dymo software for printing labels. If you are not, that might perhaps cause the problem.)
Let me know the result please, whether favorable or not.
Also let me know how old the Dymo printer is.
Also please let me know what the exact and full text of the error message is, and whether it is on the printer itself, or on the computer's screen. Thanks.
Russell H., Service Tech