Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

How do I change the serial number of a Honeywell 5818MNL wireless

Customer Question

How do I change the serial number of a Honeywell 5818MNL wireless sensor in a Ademco 411DL/411XM keypad?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have taken pictures of the boards, one of the markings claims it is an SA6160AS keypad.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Each 5818MNL has its own unique identification code (serial number) permanently assigned during manufacture. You must “enroll” the transmitter’s serial number in the control panel before it will operate in the system. NOTE: During programming of the control panel, 5818MNL transmitters must be enrolled as Input Type 3 (Supervised RF), Loop 1.So if you need to enroll a transmitter, it will automatically detect the serial number when you do the enrollment. Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your reply Mike! I understand the individual serial numbers, however I need to know the procedure to change the old serial number to the new serial number. The original device was accidentally broken and I've replaced it with a spare.
I'm assuming that the main system is an L 5100? The model number the system will determine exactly what the procedure is but this is the very good example of how to do this on the 5100 serieshttp://bitli.es/0vSkig
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find the main system model number? Unfortunately, I inherited this system and the documentation is pretty uninformative.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
The information should be on the main panel somewhere or on the keypads when they start up. If you see it in neither place then if you could please take a couple of pictures of it, I will see if I can identify it for you. If you can actually take a picture of the main security unit that the rest of the system is wired into and a keypad. Then you can attach them here with the paperclip icon.