Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

My Kindle froze at page 92, wouldn't advance so I hit the home

Customer Question

My Kindle froze at page 92, wouldn't advance so I hit the home button and when I hit the book logo it went to page 1. Is there anyway to retrieve what I had read and get back to page 92?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The ability to navigate to the pages of a printed book does not exist for all Kindle books. The book must correspond to a book that is published in printed format.
If the book supports this you first double tap in the center of the screen to bring up the menu and view options , then you double tap the "menu" button in the top left corner of the screen. If the ability to navigate to a specific (printed) page number is ***** one of the available menu option buttons when you flick right will be "Page…"
When you double tap it you'll get a pop up dialogue like "Go to Page, Enter a page number between 1 and 182." with a text field for typing in the page you want. If you do not see this then it is not possible for this book
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Which page do I double tap on? The first few pages of my Kindle are my books and ads. Is there a blank page I should double tap on,
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Any page within the book you want to skip to page 92 you do this on.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Doesn't work. ?use be a lesser version. Does not have keyboard so that doesn't surprise me. Looks like I will have to swipe to get to the 92 pages because your advice doesn't work.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is dependent on the book either it is possible or not.
If it does not work, then yes, the only option is to then swipe to page 92.
Thank you