Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My AVR-2313CI Doesn't detect the internet. I've reset my rou

Customer Question
ter and modem. Checked my...
My AVR-2313CI Doesn't detect the internet. I've reset my rou ter and modem. Checked my connections and reset the receiver manually also unplugged it too. All it says that DHCP is on and cant do anything with it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/16/2015
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, bear with us:
a) how was the RESET performed on the Denon; and
b) have you tried manually setting the networking configurations of the AVR-2313CI?
Not well is had me re-celebrate the speakers all but the center works. My router isn't even decicting it. I've tried the internet cable on other devices and it works.
Celebrate the speakers I meant
Please and as posted above:
Pressing the to preset buttons and the power button at the same time. I don't see any opions to changing the network settings
Appreciate the additional information.
The "trick" would be to set DHCP to "Off"
In the MENU, goto Network / Settings / ENTER/ ▲▼ / DHCP / ENTER/ ◄ ► / Off / ENTER and then manually set the IP Address configurations as prescribed by your router.
Implementation of the above steps may vary depending on the firmware/version/regional settings.
How r u able to select DHCP when it doesnt let u in the first place
Have you tried with the networking to the Denon disconnected and then performing again a RESET? ...and ensure that the display is flashing before the TUNER PRESET + & - buttons are released?
Yep I've done all that
I understand.
In [MENU, goto Network / Settings / ENTER/ ▲▼ / DHCP /], at which point would "...it doesnt let u in..." ?
It doesn't let u select DHCP to change it
Interesting.
Is DHCP grayed out or selection jumps over it?
First tries (if have not been done)..
a) have you checked/ensured that 'IP Control' is set to "Off In Standby" ?
b) and 'Proxy' is also "Off" ?
IP control is gray scale. DHCP isn't gray but I can highlight it to change to off.
Please; "...I can highlight it to change to off..." or 'can't' ?
Cant
Am almost tempted to think a firmware issue as a RESET should have reverted everything to default.
Bear with me (confirm) / a review; MAIN / SETUP / Settings / Network / DHCP; the ▲▼ will not allow selection of DHCP ?
Yes
A last query; from MAIN / SETUP / Network / Settings would it not immediately show/select DHCP ? ...if not what is immediately selected inside Network/Settings
It shows everything I just can't select it
In network the only option to select is information then next is the friendly name screen
I read that I need to change DHCP on my router but I don't know to do that
I beg to to offer a differing understanding. Even if no networking cable connected, the Denon should allow manual changing/settings of Networking configurations. Additionally, if the router's DHCP function is disabled (turned OFF), then all the other devices connecting to it would have to be manually configured.
Would you perhaps consider a second opinion / another member of the site to address your concern(s)?
Crazy, I just spoke to charter and had them reset my modem for the heck of it still doesn't work I'll call demon see if they can do anything. Thanks alot for ur help. Have a great day
I understand and would appreciate an update when able.
Cheers.
No problem, cheers ***** ***** too
Yes please; thanks.
Louie, Technician