John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a plasma panasonic 65vt20 when the plasma is hot, after som

Customer Question

hi, I have a plasma panasonic 65vt20
when the plasma is hot, after some minutes several lines flicker horizontally.
in this video iso possible to understand the problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TysLgZ5eV00&feature=em-upload_owner
When I blow the Y board the defect disappear, so I changed the board.
now the defect is less present but I have fear to let the TV switched on because the word is very hot.
The defect, now appear only after several minutes.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry, the board is very hot. in particular the heat skins of the transistors
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. How old is it? Which if any boards have you replaced so far?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi the TV is 4 years old and i've replaced the Tnpa5175 AC (Y-SUS) board because, when I freeze it with ice the defect disappear
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're freezing it with ice? Is that the only board you replaced? Are any of the others getting hot? Does the lED ever flash in a pattern?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry, I used the freezing spray for electronic no worry :)
Yes is the only board that I've changed
I do not notice any led but I'm not sure about this.
now i'm at work and I can't see this.
Now I have fear to power on the tv because of the temperature of the board
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok thank you for explaining that I was worried you would be surprised what some people use. There are a couple things that can cause both the lines and the heat issue. Do you happen to have a multimeter and know how to test capacitors?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok for the multimeter and the capacitor. I tought that the reference tensions VAC VSUS ecc can be the issue.
what method you use for the capacitor?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Test them with the multimeter and if good they should read between .4 and .6 anything else and the cap is bad. They can look good sometimes even when blown. You would want to test both the power board and the video/main board this way. As for tension I am not sure what you mean you would need to explain that a little more for me.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't worry about my impressions :)
what you suggest? to test the capacitors of power board and main board?
I have to check only the capacitors?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Yes just those two and yes for now just test the caps and let me know what you find. If you want you can test the VS and VA as well for another test of the power supply. There should be a sticker that says what they should read. Here is a good video that explains how to test just in case you need it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GReg9cPDP-c
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok,
this evening I will check all the capacitors and later I will recontact you with the response.
I do not found any sticker with the VS and VA can you help me?
Thank you,
Ivan
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
There should be one in there somewhere all TV's are required to have it. Otherwise just let me know what you get for a reading when you test them.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, tonight or tomorrow I will let you know.
Thanks,
Ivan
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok take all the time you need.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Freddy,
I'have checked the two power supply boards and there are several capacitors with a belly.
I have decided to change all the electrolithic capacitors and then I will check all the voltages and temperature.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok if you prefer to do that however you may not need them all that is why I mentioned testing them so you would only need to replace the ones that are bad.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you are right but there are more or less 20 capacitors and are all old.
so I decided that is more easy to change it all :)
I will let you know the results.
Thanks,
Ivan
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok Ivan, take all the time you need. Please don't reply until then this site forces me to be the last to reply on the page.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi freddy, I've changed the two capacitor with the belly. the defect is the same. after minutes the ysus board became hot and the bands appear.
I've measure the vsus and is 206V another tension TPVSUS I think, 190V
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just a thing I have replaced the old YSUS to preserve the new board...with the old one or with the new one the defect is more or less the same, so the problem is not the YSUS
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately I am out of ideas so I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is a zone in the power board a little bit more "dirty". Can I check something? so I need to wait for another expert?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, can I have AN help? Please...
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
It seems no one else has replied so I will do my best to continue with you. That board looks ok to me from the picture. Can you take a picture of each board for me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Freddy,
thanks. what you want to search on the boards? I checked all the boards. now I've putted 3 CPU fans on the board and the defect in no more present.
Is possible that the old board and the new (used) SC board are fault in a similar way?
Why this board warm-up in this way?
If I want to give up the help from the site and refound my money how I can do?Thanks,
Ivan
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I opt out again and will send this to customer service for you.
.