Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have genelec 8040B monitor speakers hooked up to a presonus

Customer Question
16.0.2 mixer, and i'm finding...
i have genelec 8040B monitor speakers hooked up to a presonus 16.0.2 mixer, and i'm finding that my 8040b's are clipping at high volumes any to eliminate this clipping?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/12/2015
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
Clipping is a result of insufficient peak power available.
You will need to improve the power output to the 8040B monitor speakers if you want to operate them at high volumes.
This means you will have to use a larger power amplifier, for example the QSC ISA 500T.
But these are self amplified speakers-so your answer doesnt make sense-have worked with genelec speakers before?
The amp in the speakers is not powerful enough - if it cannot be improved then you will need to either use a power amplifier or different speakers.
Pete, Electronic Engineer