Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I got a sentry safe I've had it 9 yrs my battery

Customer Question

I got a sentry safe I've had it for about 9 yrs my battery is so low it won't let me open it. What can I do bout it?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If your safe is the type where the battery compartment is inside the door, then you unfortunately have no recourse but to break the safe open, irretrievable damaging it, or to have a locksmith do so for you. If your safe has an electronic lock on the outside, though, then for that type, the battery compartment is exterior to the safe and you can replace the batteries.For that type of safe, look for a lock screw at the base of the electronic lock case, then remove it. Grasp the electronic lock case, and turn it clockwise from the 12-o-clock position to the two-o-clock position. Pull the electronic lock case off. Then you will be able to replace the batteries, and enter the factory code, or any other code if any other works at this point, and gain access to the safe once more. If that doesn't work, then you will have to contact Sentry Safes for the factory code if the factory code is forgotten. www.sentrysafes.com