Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My tour v2 stop working

Customer Question
Hi, my tour v2 stop...
Hi, my tour v2 stop working
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/8/2015
Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician
Hi I received a message from you but nothing in the body of the message?
This is a Bushnell golf range finder model tour V2 . As i said before it stopped working , I changed the battery and it still does not go on.
Thank you for that how old is your golf range finder?Sorry for the delay. I am here all day today.I need to know these things so I can help you the best way possible;-)Thank youTech Michael
The range finder is about 5-6 years old.
Thank you for that information. Does the unit power on any signs of life etc, please explain exactly what the unit is doing so I can help you with this;-)Thank youTech Michael
sorry if that came trough twice its a site issue lolplease ignore the second posting if you got one;-)
The unit does nothing!!!!!
Thank you, ***** ***** patient as these are technical questions and require some basic info about the problem in order to know what the unit is doing and what is wrong.I am sorry for all the questions but you didn't explain all of this.Last questions:Did the battery seem to work for a good amount of time prior to this problem or was the charge lasting any less time that you may have noticed?
Sometimes it would go dead and I would remove the battery and replace it again and it would work for along period of time.
Hi good morning,You can try replacing the battery with a new one then charging it for at least 5 hours before trying to turn the unit on. This may help.It is a common issue with these after a few years that the battery will fail.What was happening when you replaced the battery with the same one was a complete system reset occurring because you removed power from the unit.If the battery you have is over 2 years old you will need to replace it or you will have this trouble.TRY THIS FIRST:Do try a reset by removing the battery, once you remove it, press and hold the power button ON for 20 seconds then release it, then wait 30 seconds before replacing the battery.DO NOT TRY TO TURN IT ON. Next charge the battery for 1 full hour and then with the charge cable attached, turn the unit on. If it does turn on your ok but still likely need a new battery. If it doesn't turn on still after trying this, please let me know and I will advise you on the best place for repair;-)Wishing you the best.Please rate kindly at this time and I will be able to stick with you, no additional cost for you to rate;-)Tech Michael
This unit is not rechargable it take a new battery, I did the things you said and there is still no power.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** these weren't rechargeable.
They changed that mid year.
But this unfortunately will need repair in order to get it k again. They will fail occasionally just due to age.
I wish I had better news for you I really do.
If you would like to have this fixed please let me know and I will provide you that information as well. But honestly I would replace the unit at this point because between shipping and labor and parts this would cost almost as much as a new one;-(
I would simply replace it if this were me and I'm a technician lol.
If there is anything else at all I can help you with please let me know, I'm here to help even if it means telling you that its better to replace the unit than repair it. At least you will save money and be satisfied much more that way.
Thank you and have a nice day, please rate kindly as that is the only way I am compensated for my time with you.
It wont cost you anything to rate kindly;-)
Michael
Michael
Michael, Technician