Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Ladies & Gentlemen:I just went to Best Buy on Loop 410 in

Customer Question
San Antonio to exchange some...
Ladies & Gentlemen:I just went to Best Buy on Loop 410 in San Antonio to exchange some Sonyheadphones I bought from them on4-2-15. Unfortunately, I was told by Best Buy that their warranty or replace policy was only for 90 days and that, therefore, I was five days late and for me to contact Sony as their warrantly is one year. With taxes, I paid 119.05 for these headphones. They worked great for a couple of months, however, now(past few days) they quit working every 6 or 7 minutes. Otherwise, I love them as I live in an apartment complex and I don't sleep much; therefore, sometimes I was television late at night and early in the morning. I am 65 years old and disabled. If I unplug them and replug them in they will again start working but this is extremely uncomfortable for me.Can you help me please?Thank you, Terri **************
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/8/2015
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I am sorry to hear that the headphones gave out so soon.
Sony is a reputable company and will definitely honor their warranty, if you do submit a warranty claim to them.
If their quitting repeatedly is not owing to a loose connection or stressed cable with almost broken wires, then the only type of problem that would cause their recovering when unplugged for a bit, is a failure to operate properly in their solid-state circuitry.
In neither case, could you hope to repair them effectually yourself. Taking them to a Sony Repair Center is ultimately your best bet - esp. if there is one near your location.
For Sony Warranty Repair procedures to follow, see
http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/services.servicesprograms.bbsccms-services-servicesprograms-sendinrepair.shtml
For Sony locations and an estimate on repairs, a somewhat more difficult form to get through is at
https://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do
... and to save you difficulties, I will use that form for you to get that information on repair locations near you and the cost of repair, if you will give me your
model number (on the headphones in question)
serial number (ditto)
zip code.
Note: If they are wireless headphones, then they may have low batteries, perhaps? have the batteries in them not been replaced recently? or are those rechargeable batteries that came with them? if so, the same considerations, as to warranty repair, apply even if the batteries are, indeed, at fault.
Electronics Technician: camilled-cssm,
 replied 2 years ago
camilled-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/96nws-ladies-gentlemen-i-just-went-best-buy-loop-410.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Russell H., Service Tech