How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Russell H. Your Own Question
Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech
Category: Consumer Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 10901
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
Type Your Consumer Electronics Question Here...
Russell H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an old Browning / Drake 23ch tube type moble CB radio

Customer Question

I have an old Browning / Drake 23ch tube type moble CB radio the cord on the back has four wires , red, orange, green and a smaller green one ,how do i hook it up to a battery or power supply ? thanks Myke
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think you would be well-advised to get an authoritative service manual from the maker, for your Drake CB radio. It will not just contain wiring and power information, but also will be quite useful if there is any other electronic or repair problem with the radio in the future.This is a source for service manuals which I may recommend with confidence: shows the full range of model numbers that you may buy service manuals for, of the Drake name. If you have a specific model number for the Drake device in question, I can narrow the choices down a little. Let me know, if you wish. Thanks.