Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Pete, when I playback there's a digital spike every 5-8

Customer Question

Hi Pete, when I playback there's a digital spike every 5-8 secs I can see on the display..even if I record new the playback is the same..all playback on all drives are the same..I am desperate..Ken
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, is the volume level of the "digital spike" consistent on/with any settings/configurations?
Still and as the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multimeter and even a soldering iron?
Equally important, could you make use of the repair/Service Manual or at the very least, the schematic diagrams?
And if considering a DIY, proposed preliminary checks (if have not been tried) with the use of a multi-meter on the power supply (even if just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect) outputs:
• capacitors;
• raw +7, ±12;
• regulated +5. +3.3 & +2.5.
It would also be preferable to make use of a scope to check "pureness" of DCV.
Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Louie I did not authorize charges to my card once I saw that this is monthly charge..i DO NOT WANT THIS..PLEASE HELP ME TO CANCEL..THANK YOU
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Sorry but my participation is strictly limited to technical and repair issues.
For payments & billing concerns including cancellations, please contact Customer Support.
This is not an Info Request.