Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Garmin Nuvi 255w. It stopped working on our trip…

Customer Question
I have a Garmin Nuvi...
I have a Garmin Nuvi 255w. It stopped working on our trip two days ago. It would come on briefly and then turn off repeatedly. It was plugged in to the car port as it had been numerous times. On one of the turnoffs it stated that it was low on battery power? I have the product in front of me. How do I get into the case? What size battery is needed? Why should it not work if it is plugged in? Booker brooks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/30/2015
Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 3 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician
Hi I'm sorry to hear about that below is a very long link that will show you everything you need to know on how to open and replace the battery.Also I have sent you the link on where to get the battery;-)Please visit: https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AwrBT8.O25JVs2cA8SlXNyoA;_ylc=X1MDMjc2NjY3OQRfcgMyBGZyA3lmcC10LTI1MARncHJpZAM5dXM4cVhjbFN0T0YyTzJvbVA1djJBBG5fcnNsdAMwBG5fc3VnZwMwBG9yaWdpbgNzZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tBHBvcwMwBHBxc3RyAwRwcXN0cmwDBHFzdHJsAzM5BHF1ZXJ5A0dhcm1pbiBOdXZpIDI1NXcgaG93IHRvIHJlcGxhY2UgYmF0dGVyeQR0X3N0bXADMTQzNTY4ODAyOA--?p=Garmin+Nuvi+255w+how+to+replace+battery&fr2=sb-top-search&fr=yfp-t-250&fp=1 Next is the link on where the best place to get the battery from.Please visit or call: http://g.factoryoutletstore.com/cat/32910/Garmin-GPS-Batteries.htmlCall:(###) ###-####Connect ID 188-956-458 I will stick with you until you have this working,please rate my service thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you.It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)You can always contact me anytime after rating at no additional cost to you;-)Thank you and have a great day!Please rate kindly at this time.
I did not hear from you in a reasonable time. I left the website and purchased a new one. I do not owe you any money. I have not "deposited" money with your company willingly. I have never in the past sought this type of help. I think that Garmin is remiss to outsource such a simple customer question. If your company does not refund my "deposit as you call it" I will call AMEX and have them stop payment.
Hi I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'm almost always here, but it was a holiday I was away for. I did however give you the correct information to have the unit repaired or replaced. please see the previous message. You still need to rate my service not the outcome of the issue.Please don't rate negatively as that will cause my excellent standing here to be compromised and this is my livelihood as well.I always try to help my customers with the best possible advice available;-)Thank you and have a great weekend.Tech Michael