Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

My kindle had an accident (dropped it) some time ago. the

Customer Question

My kindle had an accident (dropped it) some time ago. the small selector button broke off, but I wast still able to shop and read. Until now. Now the "Go to..." Option from the menu seems permanently affixed to the bottom of the page. Is there any way to get it off?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and try to use it.
Let me know the results please
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Richard, The power didnot go off after 35 seconds, but when it did and I restarted it the problem was gone. Margo

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect, sometimes it can take a little more time.
It will be ok now
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you