Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a avic x920bt. Somehow turned on the rear view camera…

Customer Question
I have a avic x920bt...
I have a avic x920bt. Somehow turned on the rear view camera (which is not one installed) and all that will display is a black screen with the message "images may be reversed". If I could only get to the master screen once I could turn off the rear view camera but hVing no luck. I don't want to take the unit out and mess with anything.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/28/2015
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, who did the wiring and installed the unit please?
It was installed when I bought the car. Has worked flawlessly but I got into the settings trying to change an av source and must have inadvertently turned the back up cam on. Just need a way to get to the master screen or hard reset. Have looked online and all the other pioneers have this ability but can't find the trick on this model
Have you tried pressing the HOME button to display the Top Menu?
And have you checked if the gear shift is in PARK or NEUTRAL?
Yes. No help
If it was a setting issue, then the rear view would always be on but only in split screen mode.
That the condition is "..all that will display is a black screen with the message "images may be reversed"..." would be indicative of a hardware concern hence the info request of who did the wiring and the status of the gear change lever.
Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multimeter?
Or would perhaps a second opinion be of preference?
I am not familiar with a multimeter. It is a problem I created (I guess) so if someone familiar with pioneer equipment is available I wouldn't mind hearing from them. Thanks
The question would be re-opened as I would be opting out.
Still, good luck with the Pioneer.
This is not an Info Request.
John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.