Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I recently bought a JBL powered speaker EON 600. I cannot

Customer Question

I recently bought a JBL powered speaker EON 600. I cannot get the blue tooth to work. My iphone 5 cannot find the device. Then I tried a connecting via a cable, but the sound is not right and there is a humming noise.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The sound being perhaps distorted, and the humming noise presumably overlaid on the sound, signifies to me that your recently bought EON 600 is defective from supplier or vendor. Humming in the sound, means a capacitor has failed, most likely, or some similar component that affects or filters the power supplied to the device's electronics.And no Bluetooth is just an added defect in addition to that, though possibly related. The most sensible thing for you to do with this is, to return it for an exchange, to the vendor or store that you bought it from! And if it is too late for that, if the return-exchange period has expired, you should have rights from the maker, JBL, to free servicing under warranty provisions for a defective product of theirs. Please take a moment to rate my Answer - by the Smiley faces interface above my Answer, on the page devoted to your question - to close the question properly. Thanks, ***** ***** luck... you ought to be able to get a new EON 600 promptly enough.