Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry
22727371

I have a sony entertainment equipment, model FLD7 & since

Customer Question

hi I have a sony entertainment equipment, model FLD7 & since yesterday when I tried to switch it on to play a dvd or cd, all I get on the display screen is "PUSH PROTECT POWER".
can you help please?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.
Push Protect Power indicates that the protection system has been activated because of a short inside the receiver and to protect burning of the the speakers and prevent fire.
As of first step, disconnect all the speakers and other input connections from the unit and then turn on.
Tell me if you see the same protect message.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
disconnected all speakers and main connection and still the same message .... not good.
I am extremely sorry to say I've a bad news for you.
It could either be a blown power supply or a board and it needs to be replaced.Look for either a pulled wire, or check any wires coming off the transformer where they plug into the board. There could be a cold solder joint which needs to be resoldered or a faulty capacitor in the power supply, or near the protection relay.
Diagnose your self by visually inspecting the large filter capacitors for bulges, leaking at the base or the solder joints. Also, you can test the output power transistors by verifying that only one leg of them are common to ground. If more than one leg is to ground then it verifies that the transistor is shorted.
This way you will be able to know which one is at fault and then replace it accordingly.
Do you have electronics repair experience ?
Regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No.....
In that case I would suggest you to take your unit to a local repair shop.
If you can tell me your city name;I will find a nearest repair center for your unit.
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cronulla
I was unable to find any Sony Service centers in your area. I would suggest you to call Sony support at 1300 13 SONY (7669). They will help you to find the nearest service center.
Is there anything else I can help you with ?
Please click on one of the stars at the top > then click Submit to rate my service.
Regards