Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Did what you said stil turning off by itself

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Did you already have a question open prior, or is this the first question you posted on the site?
Also how long have you owned the receiver for, and when did the problem occur?
Additionally, how long does the receiver stay on for before shutting off?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is 10 yrs old only stays on 2 seconds
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. What exactly have you tried so far in correcting this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you call me to try to help
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
i am unable to call, but all of the steps you need to follow are above. Could you please reply back with what you've tried and what the results were?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok no wires touching standby light is flashing. I turn it on shuts off in 2 seconds.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Please elaborate, did you REMOVE every single speaker wire from the receiver and leave them unplugged and try to turn it on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes also can you suggest a method to reset
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Is the receiver shutting off completely, or showing protector please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Shutting completly stays on gor 2 seconds standby light flashing
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, this isnt a resettable issue, and the only reset is to unplug the receiver from power to reboot the processor. Unfortunately beyond that the unit would be in need of service.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Have you already performed a reset of the micro processor?
If not, then disconnect the unit from power- then plug it back in.
Press and hold the "Speaker A" and "Speaker B" buttons together on the receiver while pressing power once. Once the display starts flashing release the Speaker A and B buttons.
If the issue still occurs, try these steps up to three more times in the hopes of resetting (although I don't want to give false hope, since I've rarely seen the reset cure the receiver from shutting down).
Beyond this the unit will need a new Mainboard installed through Denon and this is typically a $250 repair on this unit- and not cost effective in my opinion. Reason being is that the receiver can be replaced with a brand new unit for almost the same price as repairing this one.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.