Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

This is a follow-up to a previous question regarding a

Customer Question

This is a follow-up to a previous question regarding a pacemaster proplus treadmill and what you identified as a speed sensor problem. I ordered one installed it and I am still getting the error message: Time - "Dead"; Speed - "Sen"; Distance - "Sor".
I also received an Optic Speed Disk with my order. The one they sent is about 2 or 3 Inches in diameter. The only one I can find on my treadmill is located on the drive under the speed sensor and is metal and about 6-8 inches in diameter. Please advise.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Visual inspection, does the new part look identical to the one that you already had other than the disk?
When the speed sensor fails, the disk part of the sensor does not need to be replaced but I just want to make sure that the electrical part of the sensor is identical.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, the disk they sent is approximately 3" in diameter, black about the size of a half dollar. The one on my machine is metal and is approximately 6" or more in diameter. They both have the alternating holes around the outer area of the disks, but are much different in size.Homer
What about the other part of the sensor? There should be two parts - the disk and the sensor itself.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sensor is pretty much the same, and I have installed it. I am getting the other part from a supplier in the next few days. The confusion I still have is the disk itself - the one I received is a black metal like disk about the size of a 50 cent piece. The order identification said it was an "Optic Speed Disk". No where on my treadmill can I find the matching part. The disk on the pulley drive that the sensor rides over, is about 6 inches in diameter and is metal.Homer
.
Normally you would not have to replace the disk – unless the part that they've given you as a replacement for the original sensor that doesn't use the same disk. It would be possible for a different part to be compatible if both components were changed. It would be extremely rare but it is a replacement that I've seen made in some machines, although not this one. But if you've already installed the sensor and it's not working with the current disk, that may explain why.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My expert has helped me, I do not know if I can say it is worth the fee, but he has helped me. I would liked to have had more detail in how to fix my treadmill. He may be doing exactly what is expected for the service. I will not be using this service anymore.Homer
Thank you for the feedback indicating that I was able to help you.
I would sincerely ***** ***** moment of your time to rate my level of service using the okay, good, or excellent rating icons. If you don't feel the service was excellent, I would be grateful for a rating of okay or good. Those ratings allow me to be paid for the personal time that I spent helping you. Please let me know if you have any additional questions now or in the future.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you would like to call me, I can be reached after noon each day at(###) ###-#### I am not going to pay just to talk to you, so if you want to talk you call me for free.Homer Key