Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

We have a Kindle Paperwhite Model # ***** It stopped turning…

Customer Question
We have a Kindle Paperwhite...
We have a Kindle Paperwhite Model # ***** It stopped turning on when pushing the
on button. After looking at troubleshooting guide and holding the button for 40 seconds
it turned on. From then on, we had to do the 40 second hold just to turn it on.
Now it doesn't work at all.
I feel that we need a replacement or to send it back for a complete overhaul.
Paul Huber
2357 St. James Dr.
Southport, NC 28461 ***@******.***
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/17/2015
Electronics Technician: AnswermanRob, Electronic Jack Of All Trades replied 3 years ago
AnswermanRob
AnswermanRob, Electronic Jack Of All Trades
Try a deeper reset. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 30 minutes. After that AND WHILE STILL PLUGGED IN, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After that, try using it. Let me know the approximate purchase date if it still fails to function.