Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Trying to activate satellite radio in Kenwood KDC-MP435U can't…

Customer Question
trying to activate satellite radio...
trying to activate satellite radio in Kenwood KDC-MP435U can't seem to find
satellite source - faceplate says radio is satellite ready, installed on a harley road king
source only calls out cd/ tuner or aux
how do I get the satellite
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/14/2015
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 3 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, is there an external/add-on satellite radio tuner connected to the Kenwood KDC-MP435U?
no
display says satellite ready
trying to get electronic code to activate
I understand."Satellite ready" would mean that it is capable of accepting connections to an add-on satellite tuner by SIRIUS/XM. The Kenwood KDC-MP435U does not have its own/built-in satellite tuner. Please see the last paragraph of p. 5 of its Owner's Manual HERE.I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, it is a design limitation; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.The Kenwood KDC-MP435U would need a Sirius Satellite Package that is sold separately similar to the set shown HERE.
thanks I can stop chasing my tail
if I change units do I have to have a special satellite antenna ?
There are not that many headunits with built-in Sirius/XM satellite tuner. And as such, almost all add-on satellite tuners comes with their own antennas. It would be something like the product shown HERE.
ok thanks disappointed all set have a good day
A Kenwood EZ-700SR may be of interest. Still, good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.