Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

What port do I use to interface my Kindle with my M80 for…

Customer Question
What port do I use...
What port do I use to interface my Kindle with my M80 for recording?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/13/2015
Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
What is the device you want to plug into maybe a computer etc?
Also how old is your Kindle and what type of media did you want o record, pics, movies, or music?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Device is Kindle Fire Hd with no SC card. Have several of the audio recording/drum machines for Kindle. Thinking of making some backing tracks mixed down in MacBookPro and transferring to Kindle for easy playback (less equipment).May occasionally want to record nature sounds with Kindle without having to have MacBook along, and the audio in my Samsung note 3 isn't great.I have an M-Audio 4 input interface and a Tascam audio interface.
I've also got a Tascan 24 track audio interface, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of using the Kindle and its effects.
Hi thanks for the information,
There are a couple of ways to interface to almost every device these days. But the best way would be USB for this and for quality sake.
A lot of Radio Shacks and Walmarts carry the adapter you need for this, but they don't all have it in stock. But I would check there if Best Buy doesn't have one. If all those sources fail you would need to use Amazon for this.
If your Tascam doesn't have a USB port you can use its serial line but you would likely need to make up a cable for that, I can help if that is the case;-) No additional cost for that assistance.
It is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly, You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating.
Please rate my service kindly thus far, and thank you!
It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
Thank you!
Have a great weekend!
Tech Michael
Michael
Michael
Michael, Technician