Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

No picture or sound. I unplugged and re set it and it worked…

Customer Question
No picture or sound....
No picture or sound. I unplugged and re set it and it worked fine for a couple a minutes, then back to atmospheric conditions notice on screen. All our neighbours have reception.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/13/2015
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 3 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
Sounds like a bad signal on your end.
Check that the dish is aligned correctly and hasn't shifted or moved from its original location.
Also check that the wiring is in good condition at the dish and also at the box.
If it is frayed or loose it may need to be reterminated.
If it is not sealed outside or if the insulation is broken, water may have gotten into the cable and will cause signal loss.