Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Louie ! I have a yamaha RX-V557 AV Receiver and it works

Customer Question
Hi Louie ! I have...
Hi Louie ! I have a yamaha RX-V557 AV Receiver and it works perfectly well , the problem is when it has been running for a few hours and you turn it off it won't turn back on straight away have to wait at least an hour then it will turn back on. Also summer time when the days ate above 30 deg C it will cut out then after a period of time will turn back on can please diognose the problem is it worth repairing or can it be repaired
Thanking You for an early reply
Regards Tony
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/8/2015
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the requested question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, is the Yamaha inside a cabinet or closed space? And have you tried forced ventilation ? i.e. running a blower/fan over the unit?Still, the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue or more particularly, possible suspect after a quick review of the schematics / Service Manual would be a thermal/heat related concern or in some instances, the temperature sensor itself. A primary suspect would be a low or slow to build-up secondary voltage and/or its peripheral capacitor.The above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repairapproach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multimeter and even a soldering iron?Equally important, could you make use of the repair/Service Manual ?
Louie, Technician