Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Is there a way to open the safe by combination only when…

Customer Question
Hi, is there a way...
Hi, is there a way to open the safe by combination only when the key entry has been pushed in accidentally.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Sentry Safe A3810, the button has been pushed in for the key entry. However, I do not have the key to pop it back out to be able to use the keypad entry. I know the keypad combination but cannot get in without both in this situation?
6/1/2015
Electronics Technician: Cher, Educator-40+ yrs replied 3 years ago
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Hello, and welcome!
Unfortunately, you need both the key and combination to open this safe. If the 'plunger' is pushed in and you don't have the key to pop it back out, the only way to obtain the key is from Sentry, and you can do that by following the instructions at the link below:
http://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Need_A_Key
If you need the safe opened right away, they do have an 'expedited service' which can get it to you within 48 hours after your order is processed, and there is an additional fee.
Unless your safe came with an 'override' key, this is you're only option. Assuming you no longer have your user's manual, here is a downloadable copy for future reference:
http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/OwnersManuals/514472.pdf
I hope this helped and wish you much good luck with your safe!
Please don't hesitate to ask any follow up questions by clicking 'reply' and if you found my answer helpful, please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback. Thank you very much!
Best wishes,
Cher
Hello again,
I'm just checking in with you to see how everything is going with your safe.
Were you able to order a set of replacement keys (they come in sets of 2) from Sentry? I hope so!
If you found my answer helpful, please let me know here, or if you have any additional questions, just click Reply and I will be glad to continue to help. Thank you very much!
Best wishes,
Cher