Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Bose awrcc1 skips very badly with any cd in it

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
5/30/2015
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
The issue you're having is due to the laser lens being either contaminated (dirty), or faulty (scratched or mis-aligned).
Follow the steps below to determine and attempt to cure the issue.
You can try several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.
If your player is not reading any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at PC or AV retailers). Open the CD cover, then spray the can approximately 10" from the lens to blow any dust off of it.
If the CD player is still not reading discs, then the lens or transport mechanism is faulty and would need to be replaced.
In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:
BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET