Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Bose Companion 20 Multimedia, and i have a gamin headset…

Customer Question
i have a Bose Companion...
i have a Bose Companion 20 Multimedia, and i have a gamin headset with mic. when mic and headset is plugged into the control pod, my mic is not recognised. It used to work, and I'm not sure what changed. any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
5/29/2015
Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 3 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician
Hi good evening,
How old is your Bose Companion?
Also the headset, have the wires been pulled on hard or anything that might compromise the connections?
And did you get the headset and Garmin at the same time?
bose is 1.5 years old headset is .5 years old. no pulling on wires, i think it is something in the pc config
hi, thanks for that information. If nothing changed, its highly unlikely that the pcs files are at fault.
Can you go into Windows where it tests your mic its somewhere depending on the version of Windows you are using. It adjusts the volume etc also makes sure the mic is in fact working;-)
If you get an indication visually with the sound bar moving as you speak, then you know the mic is ok and then we can look for issues in the PC's config settings.
But check that first and let me know what you find.