Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Kindle is not taking a charge when plugged in to power…

Customer Question
Hi! My Kindle is not...
Hi! My Kindle is not taking a charge when plugged in to power source! Please help! Thanks!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
5/22/2015
Electronics Technician: Chris Lindsey, Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to personally welcome you to JustAnswer.
How long have you had the Kindle on the charger?
Several hours.
Are you there?!
If the Kindle was on a very dead battery, plug in the charger, make sure it has the charging symbol/light, hold down the power button for 10 seconds. It will start to charge and it takes about 3-5 hours from this point to turn on.
Let me know if you have any questions. If it does not come back on within 5 hours, you may have a bad battery and from there I can advise you how to replace it.
*Please Choose A Star Rating (or Smiley Face) On This Page Then Click Submit To Rate Your Professional Who Helped You.
Ratings Are Their Personal Background and Positive Ratings Help Their Score. JustAnswer Is Always Here To Answer Your Questions.
Chris
It just seems completely dead. Haven't used it in a long time- where is the power button??!!
Understood and they usually are.
The power button is the small button on the bottom of the Kindle, right beside the charge port.