Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My sharp er a410 is not printing

Customer Question
my sharp er a410 is not printing
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
5/22/2015
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 3 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Which of the two roles is not printing? The receipt that comes out or the sales journal that stays inside the printer?
the receipt that comes out
What happens if you just press and hold the receipt feed key? Does blank paper feed out?
yes
Okay that's excellent. That means that the hardware itself is working but the register is not printing or trying to print to it. Do you know if you changed any settings to turn the printer off on the register
Possibly inadvertently, but I don't know what
If you could. One more thing you can check to narrow it down is whether or not you can print a receipt from a previous transaction. To do that press the RCPT/PO button
it comes up misoperation
Then, after that please try turning the receipt function on in case it was turned off. To do that use the key and turn it to the OP/ XZ position and then press the RCPT button once. It will say either on or off. If it says off, press that button again so that it says on.
only a dash shows up. when I press it again the dash goes away
Are you 100% certain the key is on OP XZ? And also please try that with the regular receipt key up in the left-hand corner and if that doesn't work and try it with the other receipt key over on the right. It should work to do what I'm saying which is to toggle the printer on and off.
just a dash, don't know what your referring to when you say other receipt key on the right
hello any one there?
you haven't soled my problem
You have two recpt keys. One has an arrow and it is used to feed the paper. The other says RCPT/PO That is the second key. We are solving your problem. We know that your printer works now, correct? We just have to find out what was changed.