Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I can not get the picture to change on my Kindle. I have tried…

Customer Question
I can not get the...
I can not get the picture to change on my Kindle. I have tried self help to no avail.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/21/2015
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.
If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.
This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with the specific model number off of the back of the Kindle, and also how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please keep in mind that we are all independent Techs on here, working on our own time, and are only credited a portion of the deposit one we are rated POSITIVELY.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Can you please reply back? Have you tried all of those stpes above, exactly as they are described to the letter?
yes, I tried all steps. I can not give you a number of back of kindle, it is in a case with attached magnetic covrr. I have had the Kindle about 10 months.
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately those steps above are all you can try on a user level- beyond that the device is faulty and needs to be replaced by Amazon under warranty. I would suggest giving them a try again, and if that still doesn't work, then you will need to contact Amazon, and have them send out a replacement device- which you can still transfer your stored books onto the new device. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201014520 I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Do you need further assistance?