Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

On my bosch jobsite radio I can not get any sound even no static.

Customer Question
How do I fix it?...
on my bosch jobsite radio I can not get any sound even no static. How do I fix it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
5/21/2015
Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
How old is your radio?
Also does the unit exhibit any sighs of life, please explain a light or anything?
And has it been exposed to excessive moisture or heat?
Thank you
Tech Michael

Yes, it has everything working, The clock works and all the lights work. Just no sound. Even aux

Thanks Paul,
II also asked these questions,
"And has it been exposed to excessive moisture or heat?
And how old is your radio?"
Please give specific details as this is a technical issue and we need details so we can help you effectively;-)

3 years old. Stays outside 24/7 but under a overhang.

Thank you for that info Paul.
This is a problem likely related to the weather conditions it was exposed to. Overnight moisture etc.
This one would need to be repaired by Bose and you can set that repair up by contacting them as most other shops do not service Bose products as they are considered a specialty company.
Below is the website you need and also their phone # ***** your convenience.
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great day!
Please remember to rate my service kindly before closing this page;-)
Tech Michael
Please visit:
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/customer_service/product_help/factory_authorized_service.jsp
Or simply call them for this fix: toll-free at 1-***-***-****.

The website you told me to go to is to bose. My radio is not a bose it is a bosch,

Hi Paul sorry for the mix up, the site I was on is Bosch, but somehow it got mixed up, I was working also with a Bose unit;-)
Here is your site.
http://www.toolpartspro.com/bosch-parts/radio-parts.html
Or you can call them: ToolpartsPro.com ***** Suite 105
Vista, CA 92081
Toll Free:(###) ###-####Phone:(###) ###-####
Michael
Michael
Michael, Technician