Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a sam4s er 265 register I programmed a department key

Customer Question

i have a sam4s er 265 register I programmed a department key but when I click back to register mode and hit the department key it comes up E1 error
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
E1 normally just means that a general Key Error has occured and pressing 'C' should clear it.
If that does not help, check for any stuck keys.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No that's not the problem every time I press the department key it gives me that error ... This is a new machine never Ben programmed is there something that needs to be done first ?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it needs to be programmed, as per the programming manual.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's what I am asking you how to do when I go to program hit the price then the department then the cash tender key when I'm done with all the departments .. Then I move the key to reg and I hit a department key and it gives the E1 error and beeps
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
What functions are you trying to program?
What programming manual are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm trying to program a price into the departments that adds to a sale not subtract from a sale the register is er265 and it's the operators and programming manual for the er265 ... Just need to know how to set up a new cash register .. How do you prepare each department
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
To prepare each department, see page 51-55 of the programming manual:
http://www.cashregisterguys.com/files/ER-265_manual.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You're not helping me at all sir I have tried the items on that page I know what page that is on ...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tell me what keys to push to add to a sale no tax with a sale price of $2.00 for a department because what I pushed didn't work
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
The key presses are as detailed in the manual.
If the programming is not working as it should when the instructions are followed then it is likely that the cash register is defective.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So I paid you $25 to tell me to look in a damn manual ?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
You have paid money to this site for assistance with your question.
Based on what you are telling me, I believe the cash register is defective.
Let me know what else you need?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You didn't tell me anything you just told me what page to go to .. I know how to look something up in a manual but the order if keys wasn't working but you didn't bither to help me
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
If the keys are not working then the cash register has a fault and should be returned.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You never bothered to tell me what order to push the keys .. I told you how I wanted the department programmed so instead of you telling me what keys. To push and what order you just refered me to the book ... Sometimes the books are hard to understand ....but I found a link that I can get my money back and I will go that route
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
The order is shown in the manual.
I cannot do anything further except repeat what is already in the manual.