Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My bose radio won't turn on. I changed the battery in the remote.

Customer Question

my bose radio won't turn on. I changed the battery in the remote. when I hit the power button a green light comes on while I press the button. Suggestions?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. What's the model of the Bose radio?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
wave radio 2
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. How long have you owned it for and when did this problem occur?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
4-5 years and just astarted
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Please unplug the Bose from power for 5 minutes. During this time remove the remote batteries then press and hold the power button on the remote for 10 seconds and release. Wait a minute then put the batteries back in the remote, and at the end of 5 minutes plug the system back in. Press power on the remote and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nothing
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Nothing meaning the system will not power up- no green light, etc.?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Green light when I press a button. Nothing changed
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Gotcha. There's nothing else you can do on a user level besides leaving the Bose unplugged for several hours in the hopes it resets. Beyond this the unit will require service as it's a hardware issue preventing it from powering up. There's nothing else we can do here except to contact Bose and have them setup a repair ticket. You can contact Bose at the link below: http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/customer_service/product_help/factory_authorized_service.jsp I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING for my efforts.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you need further assistance?