Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369

My safe is locked, and I can't get into it.

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and welcome!
Who is the manufacturer of your safe? Is it Sentry?
What is the model number?
Is is made to take both the key and combination to get it open, or have you used just one or the other, in the past?
Is the key 'tubular,' meaning it's round and hollow or does it have 'teeth'?
Is your safe electronic or manual/dial?
Are you positive of your combination?
When was the last time you opened it successfully?
Thanks for all your additional detail and once you reply, please allow me some time to compose and send my answer.
Best regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
I was hoping to hear back from you with some additional information, but I can send you my answer now, and then if you need any additional information, just click 'Reply.'
If your safe is not made by Sentry, please let me know the manufacturer. The following information is for Sentry safes, only.
If your safe is electronic, first, change the batteries. If you've never done this before and don't know where the battery holder is located, please let me know if you have a round or rectangular keypad and I will provide instructions.
If you have a manual/dial safe, let me know if you have a 3 or 4 number combination and I will send you dialing sequence instructions.
If your key is tubular, insert it into the keyhole, turn to release the cylinder, REMOVE the key and then enter or dial your combination. It's possible that if your key is not tubular, it is an 'override' key which allows you to open the safe if the batteries die or your combination doesn't work. Typically, the override key would be inserted into a keyhole behind the batter holder in your safe.
If you're not 100% positively sure of your combination, you can request it from Sentry by following instructions at this site:
https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination
You can also contact Sentry's Customer Care Department at:(###) ###-#### Hours are 8am - 6pm Eastern time.
If you can provide some additional information about your safe, I can send you further instructions; however, if my information has helped, please kindly Rate with positive feedback so I am recognized by the site for my assistance.
Please click 'Reply' for any other concerns or clarification and I will be glad to continue to help.
Warmest regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
I'm just checking in with you to see how things are going with your safe.
I hope you found the information in my answer helpful, and if so, please let me know. However, if you need any additional information, just click "Reply" and I will be glad to continue our conversation.
Warmest regards,
Cher