Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have an InFocus projector. After using it tonight, I pushed

Customer Question

I have an InFocus projector. After using it tonight, I pushed the power button to turn it off. I get a "powering off" message, but the light stays on and over a half hour has passed without it shutting. What should I do?
Thanks, Grant
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.It seems that it has locked up - hopefully a temporary condition owing to a glitch, or static discharge into the logic circuitry (a thing that is to be avoided by not wearing woolens when using the projector, and not setting it on glass nor on vinyl sheeting, to prevent the electrical isolation that can cause static discharges of a damaging type.)Pull the power plug on the projector, sharply and suddenly. Hopefully, if the fan is running, it will not overheat nor burn out the bulb... but to be quite sure, direct an auxiliary fan into the projector's ventilation grilles first for several minutes, before pulling the plug.This all has to be done because it is obviously refusing to completely go through the proper shut-down process. Though it is risky, it must be done.