Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I just bought as foreclosed house with a GE Simon XT alarm

Customer Question
system. I do not...
I just bought as foreclosed house with a GE Simon XT alarm system. I do not know the access code. How can I retrieve the code or set up a new code?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/6/2012
Electronics Technician: Steve G., Engineer replied 5 years ago
Steve G., Engineer

Hi, I'm Steve and I have a Simon XT system.

You cannot retrieve the code if you do not know it. There is also no master code common to all Simon XT panels - that wouldn't give you much security.

What you can do is reset the system. This will require you to add back all the sensors but the good stuff like the phone numbers and reporting info will not be deleted.

This is how you do a reset: http://screencast.com/t/eVpYFGAeuo

The installation manual is here - go to page 53: http://download.homesecuritystore.com/downloadmanual.aspx?FileName=80-632-3n-xt%20installation%20manual.pdf

Let me know if you need more help.

I'll be here if you need more help. I want you to be 100% satisfied with my answer.Please be sure to indicate if my answer was helpful.

Thanks very much.

Steve

I tried your suggestion but with no luck. Can you find me a local tech who can come fix this for me ?

I assure you that works. I have one of these systems in my home and have done it many many times.

What's your zip code?

Zip 37379.

Please understand that the XT is usually a DIY consumer installed system. There isn't much of a support network for it from commercial outfits. With that being said, if you have the install manual that include the instructions I gave to you (page 53), call Division One in Rock Spring GA at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Good luck.

Thanks very much.

Steve

Steve G., Engineer
Steve G., Engineer